Primum Familiae Vini announces the 2024 edition of the €100,000 PFV Award
The Primum Familiae Vini (PFV), an association of twelve European wine families who are producers in some of the world's greatest viticultural regions, one of them being Familia Torres, created the biennial PFV Prize in 2020 with the aim to prize the best family business and encourage family continuity, excellence in craftsmanship, sustainability, and the successful transmission of responsibility from one generation to the next. This May, the association has announced that the 2024 PFV Prize is open for applications.
The winning companies in previous editions were the French company Brun de Vian-Tiran, manufacturer of noble fabrics since 1808, and Maison Bernard, the oldest violin workshop in Europe located in Belgium.
Any family-owned company from anywhere in the world, in any area of activity, is eligible for this valuable biennial prize.
The PFV Prize's jury is looking for companies sharing the same values and vision of business as the PFV members.
The PFV represents the deep artisan roots of family companies who are committed to the absolute quality of their wines and all have a long history of dedication to their respective regions.
Applications for the 2024 PFV Prize can be made on www.PFV.org until 31th October 2023.
The PFV Short List of five family-owned companies will be published in January 2024 and the PFV Prize winner will be announced in March 2024.
The Selection Jury for The PFV Short List and The PFV Prize is one member of each of the twelve PFV wine families:
- Priscilla Incisa Della Rochetta - Tenuta San Guido, Italy - Founded 1840
- Alessia Antinori - Marchesi Antinori, Italy - Founded 1385
- Egon Müller - Egon Müller Scharzhof, Germany - Founded 1797
- Prince Robert of Luxembourg - Domaine Clarence Dillon, France - Founded 1935
- Matthieu Perrin - Famille Perrin, France - Founded 1909
- Paul Symington - Symington Family Estates, Portugal - Founded 1882
- Frédéric Drouhin - Maison Joseph Drouhin, France - Founded 1880
- Miguel Torres Maczassek - Familia Torres, Spain - Founded 1870
- Jean-Frédéric Hugel - Famille Hugel, France - Founded 1639
- Pablo Alvarez - Vega Sicilia, Spain - Founded 1864
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild - Baron Philippe de Rothschild, France - Founded 1853
- Hubert de Billy - Champagne Pol Roger, France - Founded 1849